Hi everyone, welcome to the first and most unusual recipe in our new “best chilli recipes” series. Today, were making chilli milkshake.
I know what you’re thinking “urrrgghh disgusting”, I thought exactly the same. However, my curiosity took over and i was just forced to try what seemed like at terrible idea, and I was pleasantly surprised.
The classic chilli and chocolate contrast really comes through and is complemented by the thick creamy flavors and spices. Don’t think this is any old milkshake though, it packs a serious amount of heat – and I mean a serious amount.
I’ve now grown to really, really love this milkshake and make it permanently for my family and friend; so, how’s it done?
- 1 quarter cup of chocolate ice cream (softened)
- 2 1/2 cups full fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 a birds eye pepper
- 6 strawberries
- Special equipment: 6 (8-ounce) milkshake glasses
- Firstly, place the milkshake glass in the freezer and leave to cool for the remainder of the milkshake making (around 10 mins).
- In a blender or using a hand blender, combine the chocolate milkshake, milk, cayenne pepper and birds eye pepper.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds . Once completed the mixture should be very smooth and brown in colour.
- To serve, divide the milkshake mixture between the frosted glasses. Cut a slit into each of the strawberries and place on the rim of each glass.
If you liked please share with your friends and enjoy.